1. Can the uPlay Stream be connected via both LAN & WiFi?
Yes, you can use uPlay Stream with both LAN (Ethernet connection) and Wifi. However, we recommend the use of a LAN connection whenever possible to ensure a fast and stable connection.
2. Can I directly connect to the Streamer from a mobile device without the need for a network?
No, you will need a network. The uPlay Stream allows you to stream content point to point from your device direct to the streamer (e.g. you can use the app to play iTunes playlists stored on your iPhone direct to the streamer) only if your device and the streamer are on the same network. It also allows you to use the same mobile device to send tracks stored in a third network location to the streamer.
3. What does 24bit/96kHz compatible mean?
The uPlay Stream uses a high quality Wolfson DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) that enables playback of music files up to and including 24bit/96kHz. This is vastly superior to CD quality (16bit/44kHz) streaming based systems.
4. Can I have multiple streamers around the home with individual IDs?
Yes. Up to 8 uPlay Streams can be used in a multi-room configuration and all can be renamed. For example, they can be named ‘living room’, ‘conservatory’ or ‘dining room’.
5. What kind of files does the uPlay Stream support?
The uPay Stream receiver supports most popular audio formats including mp3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WMA. However, DRM protected songs are not supported. A complete compatibility table with supported sampling rate and bit rate is available in the full user manual.
6. How do I connect the Stream to my hi-fi system?
The Stream can be connected to a spare analogue input on your system via 3.5mm jack or phono sockets using the cables supplied with the product.
7. What is the 'multi-room' function?
Up to eight uPlay Streams can be
used together to provide a ’multi-room’ configuration, with independent volume
control in each room. If more smartphones or other devices are available, then
each separate room can also enjoy independent music selection.
8. How many uPlay Streams can I use in party mode during multi-room playback?
Due to network speed limitations, up to 8 uPlay Streams can be used at
the same time on the same network. We would, however, recommend a maximum of only 6 when
streaming high quality uncompressed or lossless tracks.
is the cloud music storage function?
Within the uPlay Stream app, you can directly access music or
files stored on cloud music services. Two such services are provided by Drop BoxTM’ and ‘Sky DriveTM for example. Just press the
settings tab on the uPlay Stream player home page and input the log-in details for
your pre-registered cloud storage service under ‘cloud setup’. The files can
then be accessed through the browser page via the "cloud" icon at the top left of
the page. Please note that, iTunes Match tracks stored on the iCloud cannot be streamed directly. You first need to download the tracks to your local device in order to play them. For more information about downloading songs from iTunes Match, please refer to:
10. Can I use my uPlay Stream receiver with other mobile apps or player software?
Yes, you can use other DLNA/ UPnP compatible apps or software to stream music. For example the uplay Stream is compatible with Skifta (iOS + Android), Windows Media Player (PC), BubbleUPnP (Android) etc. However, the multi-room function is only available with the uPlay Stream App.
11. If we have a few uPlay Stream receivers at home connected to the same network, and each of our family members has their own iPhone or Android phone, can we stream music to different uPlay Stream receivers using different smartphones?
Of course you can! This product is specifically designed to work in this way. Multiple uPlay Streams can live on the same network and be controlled by the app on different devices. Each of your family members can stream music to their own uPlay Stream or group.