Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the QED website terms and conditions for use, and we thank you for your interest. QED and the QED website is owned and operated by Armour Home Electronics Limited
(company number 01530915 registered in England & Wales registered office is; 7/8 Stortford Hall Industrial Park, Dunmow Road, Bishops Stortford, Herts, CM23 5GZ , VAT number GB 215 7682 54), and is trading as QED.
- We aim to meet your needs, however all items are subject to availability.
- We will inform you as soon as possible if goods you have ordered are no longer available or we are unable to satisfy the standard delivery lead time.
To change or cancel an order
- Unfortunately, in most circumstances it's not possible to make changes to your order once you've placed it. We will however endeavour to amend orders where possible, Please call the Armour Home Electronics Customer Services Team on 0844 800 8528 (9:00am - 5:30pm Mon to Friday). Please be ready to quote your order number and date when you call.
- If your order has already been dispatched or delivered, then you'll need to fill in our Returns Form in the event of any unwanted products.
- If you would like to add another item, please place a new order for these products.
- You will receive an order receipt confirmation email as soon as you have placed an order.
- Please keep hold of your confirmation email in case you have any problems so we can resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
- It does not signify that a contract as yet exists between Armour Home Electronics Limited and the customer. Acceptance of an order, and hence the existence of a contract, is confirmed when we send you an invoice.
- In the rare event that goods are faulty or damaged on delivery, we apologise in advance and please fill out our returns form.
- If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, send it back to us together with the original packaging and provided they are in a saleable condition, we'll provide a full refund or a replacement.
- If you want to return an item, please notify us in writing (email or post) within 3 days from delivery.
- Armour Home Electronics Limited will not refund, exchange or repair free of charge any goods damaged, marked or no longer of merchantable quality. Any refund due will be processed within 30 days from the date of cancellation of an order.
- Customers' rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at the following link: http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.
- The above terms do not affect your statutory rights. Warranty claims if you wish to make a claim under the manufacturer's guarantee or in respect of your statutory rights, please contact Armour Home Electronics Limited giving full details of the problem. We will then contact you to arrange an appropriate solution to the problem. Usually this will involve our collecting the products from you (in accordance with our returns policy) for a repair or replacement.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us, and will remain responsible for any and all returned goods until they reach our warehouse. We strongly advise that a proof of postage certificate should be obtained when returning any part of your order. Certificates are available free of charge from the post office. On high value items it is advisable to arrange an appropriate level of insurance to cover any transit damage.
- Returns and exchanges will be processed as soon as possible after arrival. Any refunds will be issued to the card used during purchase.
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. Click Here for more information.
- We accept most major credit and debit cards like MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, Switch and Paypal as a form of payment.
- Payment card details are taken in by the Sage Pay secure checkout, which uses 128 bit encryption. The value of orders placed from outside the United Kingdom will be converted to local currency by the credit card company.
- If you have any questions about your payment please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 0844 800 8528, Monday - Friday 09.00am - 5.30pm
- Making a purchase from the QED Website could not be easier. You are able to pay for your order online 24/7, by visiting the checkout pages on the QED website or
- Alternatively you can contact our Customer Services on 0844 800 8528, Monday- Friday 09.00am - 5.30pm who will be more than happy to process your payment.
- Prices are as shown on the website and include VAT at the current rate. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
- It may be necessary to change prices either up or down, from time to time, including any alterations to the rate of VAT. Any price changes will be confirmed to you at the time of ordering.
Cancellation by Us
- We reserve the right to decline or cancel any order prior to delivery. Examples of when we might do so include: where products you have ordered are out of stock; where we have made an error in the description or pricing of any products you have ordered; if the delivery address or billing address for the products is outside the UK; where there is sufficient evidence to suggest that fraud is being perpetrated; and if we believe you are under 18. If we decline or cancel an order we will refund all amounts paid in respect of that order.
- Our secure server software encrypts to the highest level possible of the online shopping industry all of your personal information, including name, address and credit card details. Information remains scrambled whenever it is transmitted over the web.
Portrayal of products
- While every effort has been made to portray items accurately, slight variations may sometimes occur.
- All measurements quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow.
- Please note there may be variations in colours dependant on the calibration and settings of individual screens.
- We reserve the right to improve/change/discontinue any product without prior notice.
Any other questions?
- If you have any questions on any aspect of www.qed.com please contact us here or call 0844 800 8528, Mon – Fri, 09:00 – 17:30.
- Every effort is made to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- www.qed.co.uk shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account.
- www.qed.co.uk shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- www.qed.co.uk total liability for any claim howsoever shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by www.qed.co.uk to the customer. www.qed.co.uk shall not be liable for any consequential loss whether this arises from a breach of duty in contract or in any other way, save where such liability is imposed upon www.qed.co.uk by statute. www.qed.co.uk cannot accept any liability for a failure to comply with instructions specifically stated on the Website or in the catalogue. www.qed.co.uk does not limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct. By law, you also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. Goods are provided to you on approval and legal title to the goods will not pass to you until fourteen  days after delivery. Your statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
- When you place an order to purchase a product from www.qed.co.uk your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us by way of a dispatch note included when you receive your order. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed as accepted in such dispatch note do not form part of the contract.
- www.qed.co.uk endeavours to check the accuracy of the information on this site. However, www.qed.com does not warrant that such information will be error free and the user acknowledges that information, products and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies and typological errors.
- All rights, including copyright, for this website are owned by or licensed to Armour Home Electronics Ltd.
- Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Armour Home Electronics Ltd.
- You may not modify or distribute anything on this website for any purpose.
- This website, its content and any contract brought into being as a result of using this site are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
QED Lifetime Guarantee
All QED passive speaker cables and interconnects are covered by the QED Lifetime Guarantee against manufacturer defect irrespective of age. Any faults occurring as a result of user error or the misuse of a product are not covered by the lifetime guarantee.
Any QED products containing electronic circuitry such as QED Active HDMI and Speaker Switches, are excluded from the Lifetime Guarantee and are instead covered by a 2 year warranty.
Products qualifying for the QED Lifetime Guarantee must be returned to the original place of purchase along with proof of purchase where the product will be exchanged with a direct replacement. In the event the returning product is discontinued, the closest life for like equivalent will be offered.