Key features at a glance
- Specifically designed for high-resolution audio up to 32 bit/384 kHz or DSD512 quality
- Complies with Class I Category 8.1 standard
- Supports 40G Ethernet
- Ferrite insulation, low-loss dielectric and gold-plated Telegärtner plugs combine to deliver ultra-low jitter
- 99.999% OFC, 24 AWG conductors with customised twist rates for lower inter-pair crosstalk
- Arrives in stylish White Pearl finish
Specified to perform
An uncompromised specification and state-of-the-art engineering results in a cable with a maximum data rate of 40 Gb/s. This is well in excess of what is required to handle even the most demanding data streams, and means Reference Ethernet is easily able to cope with the highest of today’s high-resolution digital audio files and is future-proofed to handle whatever comes next.
Minimising crosstalk and insertion loss
In order to keep signal noise and crosstalk to an absolute minimum, Reference Ethernet uses 99.999 % oxygen-free copper twisted-pairs - with a dissimilar twist rate for each pair - to maximise noise-rejection characteristics.
For minimal ‘insertion loss’ - which is the reduction of signal strength at the end of the cable compared to that at the start - Reference Ethernet uses an aluminium mylar wrap, within a foil wrap, within a ferrite-impregnated jacket. As a result, the cable comfortably exceeds the CAT 8 insertion loss standard. This over-specified arrangement also means Reference Ethernet easily outperforms the CAT 8 standard for ‘attenuation-to-crosstalk ratio’ which is an indicator of the margin by which it avoids introducing any errors into the data stream.
Reducing return loss
Reference Ethernet also performs way beyond the CAT 8 requirements where ‘return loss’ is concerned. Any impedance mismatch between the cable and the equipment it’s connected to can cause the signal to be reflected back and forth. Thanks to its precision-engineered, gold-plated Telegärtner plugs with 360-degree shielded die-cast zinc bodies, reflections are minimised and all of the signal is delivered to the load.
The cable is finished in a stylish pearl white PVC jacket to compliment any hi-fi set-up.
- Cable OD (mm): 9 mm
- Plugs: Telegärtner Profinet CAT 8
- Construction: F/FTP
- Conductor size: 24 AWG
- Characteristic Impedance: 100 ohm
- Patch Cable Category: Class I CAT 8.1
- Maximum bit-rate: 40 Gb/s
- Colour: White Pearl